- This event has passed.
Why every business needs a future of work strategy Webinar
June 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Since the early 2000s, a suite of trends has been subtly, yet irreversibly, shifting the nature of our human relationship with work.
- The digital revolution, amplified by the convergence of the commercial Internet and mobile telecommunications, has changed the fabric of how we live, work and trade
- As financial markets have globalised and become ever more interconnected, the quest to achieve maximum return on investment has sky-rocketed. Rather than re-balance the markets, the 2008 financial crash amplified inequality, heralding the end of any preconception of job security.
- A set of market forces, in play long before 2020, are gradually reshaping the essence of what good work is. These forces have been accelerated by COVID-19, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, global supply chain issues and the escalating climate emergency.
- There is no more ‘normal’ in business. On a weekly basis, new unforeseen challenges arise.
This webinar is for business and HR leaders looking to get ahead of squeezed and complex labour markets to build a staffing strategy that optimises agility and market responsiveness.
Grounded in the latest research and analysis, it provides an overview of the 2023 labour market landscape and introduces the primary trends transforming how we work in the 2020s.
The session offers a starting point for creating a future of work strategy that’s designed to enhance organisational resilience, using tried and tested techniques from the recent past.
This is for you if:
- You recognise the world of work is changing
- Your organisational results have already been compromised by labour market shortages and increased staff turnover
- You’re committed to building a purpose-led organisation that defies market uncertainty
- You understand that business performance ultimately relies on teamwork and human relationships
- You want to get ahead, learn about the future of work and better prepare your business for whatever the future holds
- You’re naturally curious and enjoy exploring a wider range of perspectives
What you’ll learn:
- An overview of current labour market complexities
- An introduction to the future of work and the primary trends transforming the way we work in the 2020s
- A synopsis of why implementing a future of work strategy enhances organisational agility and resilience
- An introduction to a cohesive method of understanding the interplay between those trends and their potential impactAs we adjust to an era of instability and long-term transformation, ambitious businesses looking to futureproof are creating a future of work strategy that bakes in sustainability.
- This interactive webinar provides starting points for the design of a future of work strategy that will provide resilience and operational agility within your organisation.
About your facilitators:
Cat Barnard has a career in agile workforce planning spanning three decades. Her experience lies in building and nurturing high-performing distributed teams.
Pat Lodge combines his background in commercial strategy with 18 years’ trend analysis experience with a UK-based global trends consultancy. He provides expert insight on the socio-cultural shifts most likely to impact modern workplaces
Co-founders of Working the Future, their interest lies in the future of work and the adoption of new operating and organising models for commercial resilience in fast-paced and dynamic markets.